18 February 2010

Snowcation Day 6, a.k.a. I Think Your Cookies May Have Just Saved The World From Nuclear Catastrophe

Thursday was a whole different day - sunshine, bright skies, no wind...oh, and that pesky snow. So, not a completely different day. I was greeted by a text message from my mother, showing the snow accumulation on their back deck.
And the snow that had been blown by the wind to totally obliterate the shoveling I'd done the other day.
The wind had blown it pretty high out in the courtyard, too.
The light hit the snowdrifts very prettily, though. Kind of like sand, but freezing cold and more sparkly.
The sun was out in full force, creating and subsequently melting giant icicles of doom.
Even larger icicles formed on the house across the courtyard.
I spent the majority of the day again watching movies and working on my thesis. I learned that Musical Day does not work so well when you pick awesome movies like Singin' In the Rain. I can't not watch that movie, so it was quite the challenge to work at the same time. Come on, you can't watch these songs and not be amazed by their awesome.
So yeah. But somehow, I managed to get close enough to the end of the thesis tunnel that I allowed myself to take a break. And watch, among others, another cinematic masterpiece:
By Thursday night, this was the stack of viewed DVDs. DVDs and sweatpants, that's what Snowcation does!
Oh, and one more thing - when one has been trapped inside one's house for very close to a week, minus the occasional trip to Target and to Kathy's apartment for dinner? One does foolish things:



An addendum - Friday morning, the sun came out again, both literally and figuratively, as the closed roads nearby reopened, people were rescued from snowdrifts, and most importantly, Ken and McKenna came to visit, ogle snow mountains on Friday, help Tricia move on Saturday, go see Barack Stars on Sunday and laugh at couples out celebrating VD Day, and go Pathetic Loser Day shopping on Mondays. A lovely end to my Snowcation, despite the fact that I had to go to work the next day!

(Oh, and that nail polish came off before I went out in public, don't worry!)

No comments: