23 June 2008

I Made It Home Alive

....so you said that only proves that I'm insane.

Yeah, but you all knew that already. So, the concert? Fantastic, as was the weekend overall. A synopsis of events:
  • Traffic through northern Virginia and at the bridge tunnel by Norfolk Friday night...grr. Still better than the Beltway, though, judging by the traffic reports.
  • Copious amounts of alcohol at Kasi's house. And also a pool. I love Kasi's house. *waves at Kasi if she figured out how to get here from Facebook*
  • Kasi's daughter saying to me, "Miss Leah, you have a lot of matching bags." Child has no idea.
  • Getting to see Maura on Saturday before the concert, even though I managed to get lost (well, not lost, but there were many illegal U-turns) both getting there and getting back. *waves at Maura if she got bored enough at work to come read this*
  • Billy Joel. There are no words to describe the awesome. There might be pictures later, though, if I can photoshop any of the ones I took enough to be clear.
  • Scaring people with my ability to remember all of the words to Billy Joel songs. Not the easy ones like Only the Good Die Young or Piano Man, but the hard ones like We Didn't Start the Fire and Angry Young Man. Apparently they didn't read the last blog entry I wrote.
  • Being very surprised that he didn't play Goodnight Saigon, especially in such a military-heavy area. He did sing Miami 2017, though, and there was much rejoicing at the part about Norfolk. Sadly, no Summer, Highland Falls either. I fear it is my destiny to never hear him sing that one live.
  • My flip flops chewing up my feet Saturday night at the concert. I thought I'd be smart and wear plastic, easily cleanable flip flops rather than the nice ones with ribbon straps that don't bite my feet, since it had been raining earlier and we had lawn seats that might be muddy. This was not a good decision.
  • Finally finding Williamsburg Winery wine on Sunday. It was...an experience, getting to a place that sold it. Trust me. Good thing that wine is so awesome.
  • Visiting many new Targets on the way there and back. Although none of them had the cups that I was looking for in their clearance sections, which makes me sad. If anyone goes to their Targets and sees the little plastic cups from the summer merchandise, let me know. I need the blue ones with boats on them and the green ones with fireflies on them. You will be favorite person of the day.

But yes. All in all, a splendid weekend. Song titles from the last blog are in the comments section of this one, in case anyone cares. And gold stars to whoever gets the two lyrics I used in this one!

So before we end, and then begin,
We'll drink a toast to how it's been...
A few more times that I can say
I've loved these days.

6 comments:

Leah said...

I put the song titles from the last blog here, in case anyone still wanted to guess (you know you do! It's fun!) In order, including the title:

-It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
-Only the Good Die Young
-All You Want To Do Is Dance
-Big Shot
-Summer, Highland Falls
-Modern Woman
-Everybody Has A Dream
-Big Shot (again)

Mary and Larry Smerk said...

So I thought that was All you want to do is Dance, but I didn't remember if BJ sang it.

Leah said...

Yeah...but there's "All You Want To Do Is Dance," which is Mr. William Joel, and then there's "All She Wants To Do Is Dance," which is Don Henley. Both awesome, but of course the former is better.

Ken said...

I remember when "We Didn't Start the Fire" was popular and they would play it all of the time in the mall. My mom and I always made fun of it ;-)

Leah said...

I can understand that. If it didn't have two of my favorite things - Billy Joel and history - I would make fun of it too. Musically and lyrically, definitely not his best effort. But I love it in spite of myself.

Melissa said...

I like the part where you go "It was...an adventure". Little do we know :)