20 June 2008

Where Have You Been Hidin' Out Lately, Honey?

You will all be happy to hear that I just sent away the project I have been slaving over the last few weeks. As my boss said, "Now you can enjoy Billy Joel without thinking of malaria!" An odd sentence, to be sure, but true, as I am going to see Billy Joel in Virginia this weekend with Tricia.
Come on Virginia, show me a sign
Send up a signal I'll throw you the line.
Not that Virginia. Virginia Beach. But yeah...last weekend, and most evenings this week, I took the project home with me and worked on it, and had I not finished, would probably have ended up doing the same this weekend. But yes - I would much rather see Billy Joel than write about malaria.
You don't want to deal with the future
You don't want to make any plans
Oh baby, all you wanna do is dance.
There will be further changes to be made to this project, especially once the doctors in charge of the study get ahold of it, but for now, it is their problem, not mine. They probably will have changes, though. I don't mind.
Well, it's no big sin to stick your two cents in
If you know when to leave it alone.
But yeah. Sometimes they get a little...adamant, shall we say, about things.
So we'll argue and we'll compromise
And realize that nothing's ever changed
For all our mutual experience
Our separate conclusions are the same.
And they will end up doing what I want them to, because I am awesome.
She looks sleek and she seems so professional
She's got a lot of confidence, it's easy to see.
There is one problem, though. I am leaving work today at 2:30. I don't want to start another project just to abandon it in a short while.
So let me lie and let me go on sleeping
And I will lose myself in palaces of sand
And all the fantasies that I have been keeping
Will make the empty hours easier to stand.
I have, however, wasted a good half an hour writing this blog. Yay for me!
And the story of your latest success
Kept 'em so entertained....
I'll give you one hint, honey
You sure did put on a show.
(Whoever guesses the songs those lyrics came from first and without cheating wins!)



6 comments:

Mary and Larry Smerk said...

okay - so the first one is Only the Good Die Young, and I'm pretty sure the last one is Bit Shot and none of them are from Piano Man

Melissa said...

Dude, when I try to comment, it goes to another page, so I can't see the lyrics and think at the same time. Mary's right though, first is Melissa's favorite Mr. William Joel song and the last is Big Shot. I think Uptown Girl is in there too and I'm sure you used Summer Highland Falls because I know you. Guess I shall not cheat and use google, or else I'd win now :)

Melissa said...

Oh, and the title of your post is from "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"

Cait said...

You are sick. Sick, sick sick. And if you know the songs as well as I do (which I know you do), you should be hoarse at the end of the show. Just hope he doesn't keel over...

Leah said...

Caitling is right, I was pretty hoarse after the show. People were making fun of me singing along with Angry Young Man and We Didn't Start The Fire. Apparently normal people don't know the words to those two. And I was drunk, too!

Leah said...

And Caitling, I'm very disappointed you didn't post lyric title guesses! I'm choosing to believe it's because you know them all and didn't want to show everyone else up :-)