18 August 2010

Catch A Wave (Day 3) [a.k.a. Pitchers and Catchers]

Day 3 at the beach was a fairly uneventful day. I slept an inordinately long time (I blame the fact that David made me go out Saturday night and then Uncle Ray made me get up early Sunday morning), and got up and headed down to the beach. I got to sit in my beach chair and read my book (to be summarized in a future installment of The Entertainer) all day, and no waves tried to pull my top off as I was getting out of the ocean.


After the beachiness, we headed back to Reh-heh-bith to go to dinner.

The drive was rather picturesque.

David found a couple of promising restaurants on the interwebs, and we settled upon a place called
Catcher's. It was a couple of blocks from the beach, and we were able to find parking surprisingly easily.



I had the crab cakes, and others had various types of fish or surf and turf combinations. And despite Uncle Ray's reaction, it wasn't too expensive.


By the time we left, it was getting dark, so we stopped for a quick picture,

and then headed home for an exciting evening of playing what turned out to be the suckiest game of Scrabble ever. Stupid letter bag kept giving us crap, so a rematch was scheduled for the next day.

No comments: