21 July 2008

Thanks for sharing...

I had an interesting conversation with my professor, Dr. R (who reminds me of Paul Simon), tonight:

L: I just wanted to let you know that I was going to miss the last day of class.
Dr. R: Oh, that's too bad. Where will you be?
L: Hawaii.
Dr. R (excitedly): Where, Maui? They have dengue fever there!
L: ...*

Not quite sure how he expected me to respond. "Oh, I'll bring you some dengue for your research! No trouble getting THAT through customs!" "Oh, well, then, I'll just stay here and come to class instead! Way better than Hawaii!" I ended up just telling him that I was going to Oahu, not Maui, so I was safe from the dengue. But...yeah. Thank you, Dr. Merry Sunshine.

*A clarification: the "..." is not the kind of "..." that they discuss at the beginning of Mamma Mia. I promise.

No comments: