30 January 2010

In The Lane Snow Is Glistening

Welcome to the world's most worthless snowstorm. It's Saturday, so I don't get out of work (and believe me, there's enough out there that even my work would let us go home early!). Had it started during the night, there's a fair chance that swim lessons would've been cancelled, but it didn't start until the second-to-last class was ending. An unrelated note - today's quote of the day from swim lessons is "Yay, water!", as spoken by a very excited two-year-old while she was splashing.

But I digress. Back to the snow. It took me more than 20 minutes to get home, I almost died multiple times, and it's a good thing that my car was going to the car place to get fixed this week anyway. If the alignment wasn't messed up before, it's a pretty safe bet that sliding into the curb at the bank messed it up pretty well.

So now I'm stuck here. Chances are good that I will be baking again this afternoon. Which is not good, because I really should be writing my thesis. We'll see what happens.

As mad as I am at the snow, though, I do have to say how pretty it is. I feel like I'm living in a snowglobe.

No comments: