10 October 2008

Goin' to the Chapel

A few weeks ago, Tricia and I went to Sara's wedding. I was a bit remiss in promptly blogging about the festivities; as Sara said, "I was a little upset you blogged about Billy Joel, but not my wedding :P" I promised her that I didn't not love her, but I had been waiting for their professional photographer to post the pictures she took online, so I could use them to supplement those that Tricia and I took. There's also a fuller set on Facebook, for anyone who has found their way there.

So, the wedding was at Sara and Josh's old church in Baltimore, which was lovely. Here is the beautiful bride walking down the aisle with her parents: And in the act of getting married. Isn't her dress pretty?
A pretty shot of the wedding party from the balcony of the church:
Yay, married!
After the ceremony, the bride and groom (or Mr. and Mrs. Lewis, as Sara has requested I call them) exited the church while their audience blew bubbles.
Next, they greeted the guests who had just blown them. Notice me with a camera in my hand...for a change.
The reception was held at the American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore:
There was a cocktail hour in the garden outside before the reception started. Yay for Hood girls!
The bride and groom arriving at the reception:
And cutting their pretty (and delicious) cake:
It's not a Hood wedding until you've made the bride sing the Nun Song...although now every time I see this picture it gets stuck in my head. Not that that's bad, but it's not exactly the best of songs to be singing around one's office.
There was also some dancing. Pretty, slow dancing:
And other types of dancing too....


There are plenty more dancing pictures on Facebook and my Webshots page (which, if you don't know how to get there, chances are, I don't want you seeing them.)
After the reception, many of the guests gathered in the bar at the hotel to socialize with the new Mr. and Mrs. Lewis. You know it's a party when this happens:
However, we were all very tired, no one more so than the bride:
And now it's time to harass the happy couple for honeymoon pictures!

3 comments:

Sara said...

that's the best summary of my wedding i could imagine! if anyone asks me how my wedding was, I'll send them to your blog.

my one regret is that i didn't bring my rainbow sweatband to the after party, to complete that picture ;)

Leah said...

Haha, go for it!
And that rainbow sweatband would've been perfection. I should've gotten you that DVD as a wedding gift instead of a trash can.

Ken said...

It looks like it was a lovely day and lots of fun. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Lewis!