01 March 2011

Let's Make A Deal!

So, you guys remember Let's Make A Deal? Specifically when Monty Hall would go into the audience and ask people for a specific item, and if they could furnish it from the depth of their pockets or purses, they'd win a prize? And it was usually some random item, like a lug wrench, or a stuffed chicken, or a dog leash. Well, I've been carrying the same bag for a couple of weeks now, and you all who know me know that is a long time. When I carry a bag for this long, especially one as big as this one, it tends to get a bit...full. Half of the reason I switch bags so often is to clean them out, and it's getting to be high time to do so with this one.

That being said, I feel like I'm all ready for Monty to approach me in the audience. I've got quite the menagerie going here:

-A half-empty box of Target-brand Sudafed

-A sparkly purple wallet

-Two bills that should've been mailed last Friday but got shoved to the bottom of the bag and forgotten about

-A pair of swim goggles

-Three books of checks

-An entire second purse, which I still haven't unloaded from a ski trip last weekend (and which contains its own collection of crap)

-Five tubes of chapstick/lip gloss, including one that lights up

-A pack of Airborne

-A GPS

-An iPod and two sets of earbuds

-Two gift cards and the cards they came in, as gifted by a couple of swim lesson kids

-Two packs of Kleenex

-About fifteen ponytail holders

-A bottle of hand lotion (which is supposed to smell like Stress Relief, according to Bath and Body Works)

-Three doses of DayQuil (the packages of which have pointy corners which poked me when I was digging through the bag)


-More tampons than I would ever use in one month

-At least three shopping lists, some crumpled and out of date

-Coupons

-A hairclip

-A camera

-Red Velvet Cupcake-scented hand sanitizer (which also has glitter in it. I forgot this fact when I let a coworker borrow it last week. A male coworker. It was a good day ;-)

-A shit ton of frequent flyer punch cards for area restaurants

-An energy drink

-Two packs of gum (one of which is bacon flavored)

-The jewelry I wore yesterday, which I took off when I got to the pool last night

-My car keys



And that's probably not even everything...I just pawed through the top few layers so you could get the idea. I really need to downsize again...I'm getting way too used to having this much room. But how could I choose between all of these things?!

No comments: