19 August 2009

Beach Blanket Bingo (Day 3) [a.k.a. Let's Go To The Mall]

Monday was a fairly uneventful and apparently unphotogenic day. We spent the morning at the beach with everyone, much as we had on Sunday. Uncle Ray deserted us to go to the beach at Ocean City, and got stung by a jellyfish. That's what he gets for not wanting to hang out with all of us!

He felt better once he came back and had some fruit punch (or red wine, as he called it).

That afternoon, we set out to visit the outlets in Rehoboth. For those of you who have never been there, it's quite a place. There are three separate malls, and quite a selection of stores.

The problem with them being at the beach, though, is that the selection of stores does not translate to a selection of merchandise. By the end of the season, there's hardly anything left in the clearance sections, and there is very little regularly priced summer merchandise. They're great for back to school shopping, but not so great for last minute summer shopping. I did have luck at the Banana Republic and Gap outlets, where I got a pair of jeans for $25 and capri pants for $11, and at Old Navy, where I got some very cute pajama pants. And the Kate Spade outlet, the happiest place on earth, was the best one of all. I got a new tote bag that was on ridiculous sale, and then I had an additional coupon so I got it for $39. I think it will be my new wine festival bag.

Monday evening, we returned to Bethany amidst much traffic, and spent the evening eating dinner and playing Scrabble. An exciting bunch are we.

No comments: