19 August 2009

Beach Blanket Bingo (Day 2) [a.k.a. And Then There's Maude.]

Day 2 started pretty simply - we went to the beach.My cousin Maura turned herself into a sand beast, And I put on my mother's hat. David 2 told me I looked like Elaine in The Hamptons, when they're all sitting on the porch and Kramer tells them he saw George's girlfriend topless.
It was a strenuous morning, and David decided he needed a nap to recharge himself.
He sleeps very soundly. So soundly, in fact, that he didn't notice this happening.David 2 must've worn himself out, too, though, because soon he was doing the same thing.
After David 2 woke up, we had what will hopefully be the first of many matches of Seinfeld Scene It. I beat him both times, but he was a formidable opponent - I was worried during the last game!
After an early dinner, David 2 had to leave to go home to work on Monday, and the rest of us set out for the Bethany Boardwalk.They had replenished the beach last summer, and you could see the pattern in which they'd planted the beach grass on the dunes.The boardwalk of any beach is quite an adventure, and this one was no different. I found a place that sold sunglasses just like David's, and a very pushy salesman who tried to get me to buy three pairs. Two was plenty for me, though - I got a black and pink pair, and the pictured white pair. Aren't they pretty? David loved them. They also had stores with far less exciting merchandise, including the ugliest Crocs I've ever seen (and that's saying something!).
I also found these beauties for sale in a store that usually has better taste than this:
After so much excitement, we headed back to the house, where my family once again displayed their complete lack of taste by choosing to watch Happy Feet instead of the season premiere of Mad Men. Luckily, they reran the episode at 11, so I was able to watch it. Pure awesome - I forgot how much I missed that show. You should all watch it, it's well worth it. Come visit me if you want to borrow the first season!
And only I would turn a blog about the beach into one about TV...

1 comment:

Ken said...

I totally could have beaten you both at Seinfeld Scene It--I WILL get my chance some day...!