14 July 2009

Art Art Bo Bart, Bananafana Fo...

So last month, Sarah, Sarah W., Michael and I ventured to downtown Frederick to wander around. As mentioned earlier, the pictures have only now surfaced to be blogged about. But they were well worth the wait!

We began the afternoon with lunch at one of the greatest restaurants known to downtown Frederick - Wag's, home of the greatest burgers ever. No picture, but chances are if you're one of the people who is reading this, you are very familiar with the establishment. And if you're not? Let me know. We'll go. Right now.

After Wag's, we wandered over to the creek, where they were having the Frederick Festival of the Arts. There was plenty of art to be seen, including some very phallic paintings.

There was also a very interesting wrought iron towel rack (in the back left corner of the tent):
In addition to the art that was being shown, there were also quite a few other interesting activities. They had paddle boats that you could rent (as it was still early in the summer and the creek hadn't developed it's standard late summer stench yet), as well as canoes. This gentlemen had either won a prize somewhere for some child, or has a very interesting date with him:
We also noticed quite a few environmentally minded people wearing hats that I think were supposed to entice people to recycle. At least, I hope that's what it was. But there were quite a few nutjobs at this thing - I wouldn't have been suprised if they thought it was simply a new fashion.
On the way out of the festival, we also noticed a giant patch of mint. As Sarah is as allergic to mint as I am to peanuts, we of course made her pose with the allergen garden:
All in all, the festival was a special place. Many unique sights and products, and even an interestingly named company. Note that we originally didn't notice the "I" in this acronym:
After leaving the festival, we wandered around downtown Frederick window-shopping. And we noticed the remains of the massacre of dozens of roses outside of my favorite florist:
We also stopped at my favorite store, Retro Metro. I swear when I win the lottery I'm refurnishing my house in the stuff from this store. They also had a very interesting new product. Sarah referred to it as "[her] kryptonite," as she doesn't like bacon and, as mentioned, is allergic to mint. I, on the other hand, have no such deficiency. This, my friends, is awesome in a tin:
Clearly, nothing else could top this item, and there was very important movie-watching planned, so this was the end of our tour of downtown Frederick. But now everyone can relive it with our pictures!

No comments: