24 May 2009

I'm One Of the Drunk Ones!

As you all well know, May is one of my favorite months of the year. Pretty weather, the pool opens (the pool I pay for, not the pool that pays me), and also, the end of the TV season. You wouldn't think this would excite me - after all, it means no new network primetime shows of value until at least September - but season finales are usually pretty awesome. This year was no different - 30 Rock, which is easily one of the greatest network shows on air right now, closed their season with a music video. A fantastic music video, which Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) has organized to try to find a kidney donor for his father, Milton Green (Alan Alda). While it's pretty funny in its own right, one can not truly understand its awesomeness unless they have seen its inspiration. Note the death look that Paul Simon gives Kenny Rogers (not Michael McDonald, as I had stupidly originally written), the Lionel Richie thumbs up, and the generally stoned look that a sweatshirted Diana Ross wears throughout the video:



Now that you have been enlightened, I give you.....Kidney Now!

4 comments:

Ken said...

Paul Simon gives a mean look to Kenny Rogers, silly! You'd think you hadn't watched this video over and over again... Who would glare at Michael McDonald, in all his smoothness?

Leah said...

DAMMIT! I knew that! Michael McDonald is in the 30 Rock one, which is why I was thinking about him when I wrote that sentence. I'm fixing it now...

Mary and Larry Smerk said...

becuase I know you are going to watch it over and over and over again, can you list the people in the video.

Larry deleted the episode before I could watch it, we are so lucky to have youtube.

Leah said...

You know, I'm not sure who everyone is. I recognized Cyndi Lauper, Clay Aiken, and Elvis Costello, and they identified Sheryl Crow and Mary J Blige earlier in the show. Based on the YouTube description, Norah Jones and one of the guys from Maroon 5 are also in there, and I think Michael McDonald is there too. Taryn, do you recognize anyone else?