31 December 2008

King Kong

So for Christmas this year, much fun was had by all. From my family, I got new curtains for my bedroom (because, after having lived in that house for four and a half years, I figured it might be time to put up curtains; pictures to follow once I iron and hang them), a Wii Fit, a pretty necklace, and lots of other lovely gifts. But no gift on Christmas morning was as beloved as this one received by Pants and Holly.

For those unfamiliar with canine paraphernalia, a Kong is a toy into which a dog treat is inserted. The dog then has to chew on the toy to get the treat to come out. Clearly, this was beneath Holly. She played with it for a few seconds, and then looked at us as if we had gone crazy. The Princess shoud not have to work for her food like this.




Pants, on the other hand, has fallen in love. This thing kept him busy and quiet for hours as his four little brain cells all united in a common goal - get food out of toy. Anyone who knows Pants knows what a challenge it is to get him to shut up in the hours leading up to dinnertime; this tiny toy has taken care of it. I have never seen him so quiet and so engrossed in something for so long. This, my friends, is what pure happiness looks like:

No comments: