12 October 2009

In 1492, Columbus Rearranged His Living Room

Thanks to Christopher Columbus, today was one of those glorious federal holidays that we get and no one else does. Since most of my local friends are either working today or had other plans, and I have to teach swim lessons tonight, I used the day to do some of the cleaning I've been procrastinating for...well, let's just say a little while.

Among the tasks completed today was the rearrangement of my living room. I'd been pondering this for awhile, but finally had the time and energy to do something about it. Below, a before and after look at the room from a few angles.
View #1, before:
View #1, after:

View #2, before:

View #2, after:

View #3, before:

View #3, after:


I'm rather pleased with the change. It seems to open up the room more, at least from the direction of my chair. The space between the ottoman and the coffee table is a bit tight, but not unreasonably so, and the doorway to outside is far more open. The TV looks a lot smaller in the vastness of the window, but that could be easily fixed by buying a bigger TV (donations accepted). And I figure if I get sick of it, I can pretend that the room is dressed up as another room for Halloween, and move it back in November :-).

No comments: