22 February 2009

Kids! What's The Matter With Kids These Days?

In the past week, I have spent an inordinate amount of time with young people, even for me. Luckily, I acquired quite a few new kid quotes and stories, which I am happy to share with you here.


Scene: Swim lessons last Saturday
Child A: Miss Leah! Miss Leah!
Miss Leah: Hi, A! What's up!
Child A (with great exuberance in his voice, the kind usually reserved for a new puppy): I got a Harley Davidson vest!

At a second grade classroom in which I was volunteering with the Elementary Outreach Program at my work. This was the same class where we had to take a kid's experiment away from him because he tried to drink soap.
Random 7 year old, upon surveying the visitors in his classroom: Aw, man! Why are all the scientists girls?

Wednesday night at swim lessons, there was a bit of a vomit accident in the pool, and we had to add chlorine, which came in the form of a yellow liquid.
Various students in the Level 3 class: Why are we getting out? Did someone pee in the pool? Did one of the babies pee in the pool? What's that? Is that a bucket of pee? EW!

Swim lessons on Saturday. I was informing the class that I wasn't going to be here next weekend (see The Adventures of Ken and McKenna for details).
Miss Leah: I have some very sad news for everyone! I won't be here next week, but I'll be back the week after that, which is a very exciting day! It's our last day, and on the last day, we have surprises!
Child A: What is it? Is it a gun?
Miss Leah: Um, no. It's something you can eat! You couldn't eat a gun, could you, silly?
Child A: Yes.
*And yes, that is Child A of the aforementioned vest. Strange that he's been so oddly quoteable - he's actually one of my favorite kids. Listens, doesn't bite me, parents aren't assholes, etc. Maybe that's why it's so strange when he says these things.
On a related note, I got to spend Saturday with one of the most well-behaved and photogenic children I've ever met. See The Smerks for more details.

1 comment:

Ken said...

If you're gonna spew, spew into this...